Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Easiest, Fastest, most Deliciousest Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Fast, easy, no turning on the oven...bu-yah! These bad boys are creamy and light (well, according to me...). Believe it or not...this is the first time I have made peanut butter bars. I am sure they are a staple for most, where have I been. But, if you have been lost in the world like me, here is a ggrreaat (said like Tony the Tiger) recipe for ya! I made these for my company the other day along with a raspberry chiffon pie that took me hours, 3 steps, homemade crust, boiling raspberries, etc. The peanut butter bars were gone in an instant and the pie was a disappointment. So, here you have it....drumroll please....the winner of the backyard BBQ desserts ....

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Source: The Brown Eyed Baker

1/2 cup butter
3/4 graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Line an 8 X 8 pan with foil or parchment paper. Butter the insides. Melt the 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan. When it is melted, stir in powdered sugar til smooth. Add in the peanut butter and crumbs. Press into the bottom of the pan firmly.

Melt the 1/4 cup butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan til smooth. Spread evenly over the top of the peanut butter layer. Chill til set about 30 minutes. Store these in a container with a lid. In my photo you will notice spots on the top of my bars...this is from not covering them.









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...